For a child, few things are more exciting than unwrapping a shiny new toy on Christmas morning. While tried-and-true playthings like baby dolls and toy trucks are sure to satisfy, why not experiment with some more imaginative gifts this year?
In this selection of creative gifts for kids, you’re sure to find the perfect present for your favorite little ones. From hands-on kits that allow them to do-it-themselves to everyday accessories in a range of fun shapes and kid-approved colors, this quirky collection guarantees a merry Christmas—and a creative new year!
If you’re in need of playful presents for the creative kids in your life, look no further than our selection of imaginative Christmas gifts for kids.
1. CONSTRUCTION KIT Lay out the blueprints of healthy eating and make every meal a construction site of creativity with this fun, award-winning plate and set of equipment-inspired utensils (sold separately). With the bulldozer pusher, forklift, and front loader spoon, your little builder will always be excited to clean his or her plate. Designed with function and play value in mind, these pieces feature textured, easy-to-grip handles and are lightweight, yet rugged. Created by a husband-and-wife team whose son loved construction so much that he asked for Cheerios to use for rubble instead of snacks. Made in the US. Buy Now
2. DIY TERRARIUM KIT A terrarium is a miniature garden in a simulated natural environment. The Grow N’ Glow Terrarium is a complete kit for helping kids to create their very own miniature eco-system. It’s so easy! You just assemble, decorate, water and watch it grow! It’s a fun way to teach kids about botany, eco-systems and the life cycle of plants. Kids love to see how things work and especially how the magic of seeds, soil, sun and water will blossom into green plants! This is a great lesson in cause-and-effect, responsible stewardship and delayed gratification, since the terrarium needs to be misted each day for the seeds to sprout and grow. Like keeping a pet, the plants will only thrive if they’re given water each day – but no worries – if they forget to water it they learn the importance of water to the life cycle! And when they do water it, the seeds begin to shoot up in 3 to 4 days. Buy Now
3. MAGNETIC BLOCKS The perfect toy for building on-the-go! Whether in the car, plane, the diaper bag, the purse, or at the restaurant; now you can “thinker” wherever you are. Fully Compatible with ALL other Tegu Magnetic Wooden Sets. Brilliantly simple and premium heirloom-quality toy that will last for generations. Curiously attractive and perfect for those seeking toys supporting open-ended and unscripted play. Naturally safe: no lead, no plastic, non-toxic, water-based lacquer finish, no small parts. Tegu support a child’s development over time through play: enhanced fine motor skills, pattern recognition, balance, sense of scale, imaginative play, problem solving, storytelling. Buy Now
4. EDIBLE CHEMISTRY KIT Copernicus Edible chemistry kit. The chemistry experiment you can eat and drink. Make cabbade do your bidding. Use cabbage to make fizzy drinks, color changing foaming jelly, polymer pudding and much more. For ages 10 and up with adult supervision. Box measures 6-inches length by 4-inches width by 4-inches height. Buy Now
5. HOW TO MAKE A COMPUTER KIT Kano Kits empower you to make technology, and learn to code – through simple steps, and creative play. With physical building and delightful software projects, we open up the hidden world behind the screen. It is a great privilege to build & learn with the rising generation – who are using Kano to learn how the world works, and make it do something new. Buy Now