AliExpress / How To / Guide to Find a Reliable Seller on AliExpress
Guide to Find a Reliable Seller on AliExpress
One of the most frequent questions, when we start shopping on AliExpress, is: how do I know if the seller is reliable? That’s why at AlixBlog we tell you everything you need to know to choose the best seller and buy safely.
Why is it necessary to buy from a good seller?
AliExpress is an online sales platform where you can find thousands of sellers. Payments are processed entirely by the platform (the seller only receives the money once the order is confirmed), and AliExpress can mediate claims in the event of not reaching an agreement with the seller. Nevertheless, finding a good seller is essential, as they are in charge to correctly send the order and solve any problem with it.
Finding the best sellers on AliExpress will improve your shopping experience and help you avoiding trouble.
How to find products from trustable sellers
Before explaining to you how to identify the best sellers, we would like to explain how to find, in a simple search, articles from a good seller.
When looking for an item on AliExpress, a good way to find a good seller is to narrow your search with the following filters:
1. Orders: Thanks to this filter, we can find the best-selling products containing the keywords that we have used to perform the search. Usually, the higher the number of sales, the more likely the seller is good, as well as the product (and if the product has reviews, take a look to see what other buyers think).
2. Rating of 4.5* or more: This filter can be combined with others. It is an effective way to find products with positive reviews from other buyers, but it can also discard some products that do not have a rating or have a lower rating for reasons beyond the seller’s control (ratings are personal and subjective in many cases).
This search filter process helps us improve our chances of finding a good seller, but what if the product is very new and has no reviews yet? Many times we will be the first customer, and knowing if the seller is reliable can help us decide. Keep reading.
Seller classification system
Aliexpress has a seller rating system that depends on the points that buyers have given to the product, once they have received it. The valuation that we leave when receiving the products counts to the seller as follows:
- A 4 or 5-star rating adds +1 points to the seller.
- A 3-star rating gives the seller 0 points.
- A 1 or 2-star rating deducts -1 points from the seller
The total of all ratings is summarized in a system of medals, diamonds and crowns, which is the most graphic way to identify a good seller. Sellers with crowns are the best on AliExpress by the number of sales, and the more crowns, the more reliable they are.