We judge laptops on a scale of 10, analyzing the categories we think are most important: design, display, and performance. Here’s how the 13-inch MacBook Pro stacks up.
Apple’s latest MacBook Pro with a 13-inch Retina display has gone through a similar update pattern as the recently refreshed MacBook Air. The Touch Bar-toting newcomer has the same beloved and familiar design as its predecessor, but thanks to an all-new keyboard and Intel’s latest processors, it’s a vastly better, more futureproof product than the previous generation.
• Eighth-generation Core i5/i7 (quad-core); 10th-generation Core i5/i7 (quad-core) processors
• 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone Technology, P3 color gamut
• 8/16/32 GB of RAM; up to 4 TB SSD
• Touch ID fingerprint sensor
• Up to four USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 3 compatibility