If you were a Sega kid in the ’90s, we have some really good news for you: Sega recently announced that its new retro remake of its hit console, the Sega Genesis, will arrive on Sept. 19.
It’s almost exactly the same as the original, but packed in a much smaller body. And at a price point of only $80, there’s a lot to get excited about, including:
- The console will come pre-loaded with 40 classic titles.
- The console looks exactly like the original Sega Genesis — just much smaller.
- Its ports are different.
- The controllers will vary by country.
- The Sega Genesis Mini comes with everything you need to play your old favorite games.
- It comes out Sept. 19, but you can preorder it today!
Here’s everything we know so far, as well as some info on how you can preorder one of your own to ensure you have your hands on it before Christmas.
Play the Classics!
Just like how the NES Classic and PlayStation Classic were smaller versions of retro consoles, Sega’s console is significantly smaller and lighter than the original, too! It’s almost identical in shape but is about half the size of the original system. It features the same coloration, logos, and labels across the top. But, as with the majority of plug-and-play consoles, it will not support the original Genesis’ game cartridges.
Different Ports For All Your Needs
The Sega Genesis Mini has USB ports for its included controllers, and it has an HDMI port on its backside for plugging the console into your newer HDTV.
Preorder Now! Sega Genesis Mini